Now is the time. The time you’ve been waiting for. Time to start your painting project.
We know that sometimes the biggest challenge about starting a painting project is just knowing exactly what you need to do or prepare before you even start.
Since we really want you to start your project with less fuss and having fun, here are some simple steps to painting a room:
1. First of all you need to look for any damage on your walls. This could include holes, dents and general imperfections. You can repair them with spackle, then let dry.
2. Remove electrical plate covers. Yes, we know this may look like an unnecessary task, but believe us, doing this is so much easier than painting around them.
3. After you’ve repaired and removed everything from your walls, you need to clean them. Remove any dust, dirt, or grease spots with water and detergent.
4. You’ll want to tape the trim, windows and door frames. Be sure to use painter’s blue tape for this.
5. Stir your paint well. A very important step, this assures that pigments and solvents is mixed well.
6. Prime your walls. Primer helps maximize the sheen and coverage of paint and gives the finish coat a more uniform and smooth appearance.
And you’re ready to start!
We really hope this has been very helpful!
Leave a comment on what topic would you like us to talk about in our blog.